Creating simple and quick valentine treats has never been easier than this Candy Bar Slider I have to share today, created using the COUNTLESS SAYINGS PHOTO-POLYMER set from Stampin’ Up! I have been meaning to share a video tutorial for this project for some time and since I needed a project to create for the Hand Stamped Sentiments color challenge today, it worked out perfectly! The colors for the challenge are Wisteria Wonder, Strawberry Slush, and Coastal Cabana.
These adorable candy bar sliders really are quick and easy, and the sentiments in the COUNTLESS SAYINGS set are perfect for this project.
This adorable packaging makes the act of giving a sweet treat even better!!
I created a quick video tutorial for this project as well, it really is SUPER simple too!! Click on the image below to check out my video on my YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
Here is a quick run down of how to create the Candy Bar Slider:
- Cut your paper (I used Designer Series Pattern paper in Wisteria Wonder) slightly longer than your candy bar and wide enough for it to wrap around the bar… measurements will vary depending on the candy bar you have.
- Place sticky strip on the inside back flap on one side and the outside back flap and then adhere them together to make an oblong type tube (check out the video)
- then place a smaller strip of sticky strip inside the bottom of the tube to secure the bottom closed.
- I ran my closed end through the crimper, which I believe is retired… maybe??
- Punch a hole along the top through BOTH the front and the back, this is where your ribbon will feed through. (I used the LITTLE LABELS Punch Pack)
- Wrap your ribbon, needs to be LONG, around the bar like in the video and slide your candy bar into the pocket.
- Then pull the White Taffeta ribbon ends through those holes you punched in the top of the pocket, and tie them in a bow. Now when you pull on the bow the candy bar will slide out.
- Decorate the front of your candy bar slider, I used WHITE CRAFT INK and COASTAL CABANA INK with my COUNTLESS SAYINGS set.
- I created flags with my sentiments and colored in my SWEET sentiment using the CHALK MARKER and jazzed it up by covering the thick parts of the SWEET with DAZZLING DETAILS!!
There you have it, as simple as that. You could create a whole bunch of these and hand them out to co-workers, friends, teachers, or even give to your kids to hand out at school. Easy peasy!! Plus this project coordinates perfectly with the COUNTLESS SAYINGS PROJECT BUNDLE that you can actually get for FREE!!
Just think, with just a few tools you could create this adorable candy bar slider project along with ALL the projects in this COUNTLESS SAYINGS BUNDLE TUTORIAL just by using the exclusive HOSTESS CODE, and you could get all the instructions and videos for FREE, CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY ONLINE STORE TODAY & GET YOUR TUTORIALS FOR FREE!!