During the holiday season, I like to give homemade tree ornaments as gifts. Here’s an elegant ornament that goes together quickly and will look wonderful on the tree.
Paper: (including cutting dimensions):
Whisper White Cardstock (100730): 4” square; scrap for two small circles
Holidays Fancy Foil Designer Vellum (139597): 4” square (snowflake pattern)
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (135315): 1 1/4” x 12” (need two strips)
Silver Glimmer Paper (135314): 4 1/2” square
Big Shot (13439)
Circles Collection Framelits (130911)
Flower Builder Punch (139682)
1” circle punch (119868)
1/2” circle punch (119869)
1/16” Circle Punch (134363)
Silver 1/8” Ribbon (132137): 7 inches
Silver Cording (136620): 11 inches
Iced Rhinestone Embellishments (139637)
Mini Glue Dots (103683)
Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
1. Use the Big Shot and Circles Collection Framelits to cut the following circles: 4 1/8” from the Silver Glimmer Paper, 3 3/4” from the Whisper White cardstock, 3 3/4” from the Holidays Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, snowflake pattern.
2. Attach the vellum onto the Whisper White circle using glue dots in the center of the circle.
3. Use the 1/16” circle punch to punch a hole for the ornament string hanger. Thread the piece of Silver Cording through the hole and tie to make a hanger. Tie the Silver 1/8” ribbon into a bow and attach to the cording just above the punched hole with a glue dot.
4. Attach the Whisper White circle to the center of the Silver Glimmer paper circle using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
NOTE: When gluing the flower layers together, you may need to hold the pieces for a bit until the glue sets
1. Use the flower builder punch to make the flower pieces. Punch the following from the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper: 8 large petals, 4 smaller petals, 2 double petals.
2. Punch three 1” circles and 1/2” circle from Whisper White cardstock.
3. Attach the 4 large petals to one 1” circle using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Attach the other four petals to a second 1” circle in the same manner. The petals on both of these pieces should form an X. Attach one petal piece on top of the other using Multipurpose Liquid glue and making sure the the petals on the top piece fill in the spaces between the bottom petals.
4. Attach the 4 small petals to the last 1” circle using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Attach petals to the circle in the form of an X.
5. Attach the two double petal pieces to the 1/2” Whisper White circle using Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Make sure to criss-cross them (like an X).
6. Use the Multipurpose Liquid Glue to attach the two top flower layer pieces to the bottom flower piece, making sure the petals on the top layers fill in the spaces between the lower petals.
7. Set aside to dry.
8. Attach an Iced Rhinestone Embellishment for the flower center.
9. Attach the flower to the ornament base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue