Add shine and shimmer to your Christmas cards this year with Gold Foil Vellum and new Red Foil Sheets.
Reason for the Season Stamp Set (photopolymer – 139730)
Memento Tuxedo Black Pad (132708)
Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin’ Pad (133645)
Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin’ Pad (126966)
Paper: (including cutting dimensions):
Old Olive Cardstock (100702): 8 ½”x5 ½”, 3 ¼”x2 ¼”, scraps for punching
Whisper White Cardstock (100730): 4 ¾”x3 ½”, 3”x2”
Real Red Cardstock (102482) scraps
Daffodil Delight Cardstock (119683) scraps
Red Foil Sheets (139607) 5 ½”x1 ½”
Gold Foil Vellum (133363) Stripes 4 ¾”x3 ½”
Festive Flower Punch (139682)
¾” Circle Punch (119873)
Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
Mini Glue Dots (103683)
Bone Folder (102300)
Stampin’ Pierce Mat (126199)
For the Card:
1. Fold the Old Olive Cardstock in half and crease well with a Bone Folder to make your card base.
2. Using your SNAIL, adhere the Gold Foil Vellum to the same-sized piece of Whisper White Cardstock. (Hint – if you place the SNAIL only behind the gold stripes and not the white areas of the vellum it won’t show through to the front.) Apply SNAIL to the back of the Whisper White Cardstock and center it onto your card base.
3. Using SNAIL, adhere the piece of Red Foil paper horizontally across the center of the card, over the Gold Foil Vellum.
4. Using the Memento Tuxedo Black stamp pad, stamp the sentiment onto the remaining piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
5. Attach the stamped Whisper White Cardstock to the 3 ¼”x2 ¼” piece of Old Olive Cardstock using SNAIL. Attach to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Refer to the picture for placement.
6. Using the Festive Flower Punch, punch 3 leaves (the largest shape on the punch) from the scrap of Old Olive Cardstock. From the scrap of Real Red Cardstock, punch 5 individual petals (the next smaller shape) and 2 sets of double petals. Punch 3 “X” shapes for the flower center from the scrap of Daffodil Delight.
7. Stamp the veins on the leaves using the Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin’ Pad and the corresponding sized stamp.
8. Stamp the veins on the petals using the Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin’ Pad and the corresponding sized stamps.
9. Place the leaves and petals on your Stampin’ Pierce Mat, and using the point of your Bone Folder, draw a crease down the center of each one, following the stamped center line.
10. Fold each leaf and petal along the crease lines.
11. Punch a circle from the scrap of Real Red Cardstock using the ¾” Circle Punch.
12. Using SNAIL, assemble your flower, using the punched circle as a base to build on. Attach the large petals first, overlapping and spacing evenly around the circle.
13. Next, layer on the two sets of double petals, adhering with SNAIL.
14. Gently curl the yellow X’s with your Bone Folder before adhering them to the flower center with SNAIL.
15. Add the leaves to the back of the circle flower base, adhering with SNAIL.
16. Using Glue Dots, adhere your finished flower to your card. Refer to the picture for placement.