I am SO excited to share with you the project I gave you the sneak peek of yesterday, it was a project I made for the current Stampin’ Celebration Sketch Challenge. I WANTED TO SHOW HOW FUN your projects can be when you grab one of the MOST essential punches there happens to be… the OWL BUILDER PUNCH and get creative with it!! (Oh, REMEMBER there is a special UPDATE for you at the end of this post…. little TEASER!!)
With a perfect alphabet set (the one I used is MORNING POST), some STAZ-ON INK, a few squares of Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, and Basic Black card stock, and a few punches you can create this simple but ADORABLE Halloween card!!
I created a small simple banner for the “HAPPY” sentiment on my card, and yes it is hand written but if you don’t like your handwriting then grab a simple small stamp and a marker to ink up just the word HAPPY and stamp it onto a thin 1/4″ strip of card stock. I created this card using the sketch from Stampin’ Celebration, this one is super simple and try thinking outside the box to use different shapes for YOUR card or layout!
There are a few tips to keep in mind when creating ANY kind of punch art pieces… especially this one:
- Shade the edges of your punched pieces. This will give your creation some depth and 3-D effect and make it look more life-like.
- Giving your punch art pieces an adorable smile or mouth will really MAKE your project and give it a little personality. If you are uncomfortable with your mouth drawing skills, practice! You can draw it on with a pencil first then go over with the black marker.
So are you dying to know how I made this goofy, spooky little dude?! It really is simple:
- Punch an owl body with black card stock
- trim off feet from owl body
- sponge the edges with white craft ink
- Punch 2 large oval punch shapes
- punch out a portion of the ovals using the 1-1/4″ scallop circle punch
- sponge the edges of the “wings” with white craft ink
- adhere the wings to the back of the body
- adhere your googlie eyes (I like to use 2 different sizes for FUN)
- draw on the smile and fangs with a white gel pen
Try making this little dude for yourself, it really is EASY!! Come and play along with us at Stampin’ Celebration- you should see the projects that the other talented Design Team Members have created as well.
Erica Cerwin – Pink Buckaroo Designs
Erin Gonzales -Hand Stamped Style (YOU ARE HERE!)
Rochelle Gould – I stamp, I create, I have fun!
Cori Kozak – Creative Chat
Nina Dee – Deesigns by Nina Dee
Lauri Ingram – Paperville Crafts
Krista Jensen – Krista’s Stamper Room
Anita Krul – My Paper Chronicles
Stampin’ Celebration Inspiration Challenge
BEFORE YOU HEAD OUT TO PLAY ALONG WITH US DON’T FORGET THAT TODAY BEGINS A NEW WEEK OF SPECIAL DEALS!!
Check out my ONLINE STORE to see what the new deals are to be had for this week and get in on some awesome savings!