HSS Sketch Challenge Wk 8

Are you ready?!!! It is time again for a CHALLENGE, and I am ready for it. I loved making this card for the HSS Sketch Challenge for today…come on over take a look at all the inspiration and play along yourself!
Here is the card I made, yep- pretty literal based on the sketch we used from the April Stampin’ Success Magazine. I loved this card so much we are re-creating it for a class I am holding in April…check out my Class Page (you can find it just under the header at the top of the blog)

I started by making a patchwork top note die shape. I took a piece of scrap card stock slightly larger than the shape I was using and then cut a bunch of 1″x1″ pieces of Designer Series Paper and adhered them to the scratch card stock. I flipped it so the Designer Paper was facing the die and ran it through my Big Shot…but when I placed it on my card I thought it was a little too bright and busy.

So I thought I would tone it down with a piece of vellum card stock placed over it cut to the same shape. That fixed it, I got the look I wanted and it was a more muted toned down version of what I wanted. I just didn’t want it to compete to badly with the rest of the elements of the card.

Then I decided to use the flowers from the Blooms Die Cuts package. This product is super cool, you get 4 pages of all different sizes and shapes of flowers and flower parts. The pages come in Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, and Bashful Blue. I used something from each of the pages.

I made slits near the petals to make them a little longer and it also allowed me the ability to flex and shape them. I cut the Olive flower up to make 3 leaves for the flower, which you can see on the finished product.

I used the smaller metal portion of my stylus to round the very tips of the leaves. I attached the leaves to the flower using large glue dots to the under portion of the flower. Then I stamped my sentiment using the Holiday Blitz stamp set, man I LOVE that set- so versatile. I used Staz-on Ink since I was stamping on vellum and that doesn’t absorb the classic ink as well.
I added a large Designer Brad in the middle as well, using my crop-a-dile tool to create the hole large enough in the center to accommodate that brad. I really added a lot of height to this card also. I have 2 dimensionals- one on top of the other- under the Bashful Blue center piece. Then I have 3 more stacked under the base of the flower as well. This is defiantly a card that needs to be handed to someone and not mailed.

You can see the height I have better here from the side…

Well I hope you enjoyed today’s project and PLEASE come play along with us over at Hand Stamped Sentiments…you will have fun- I promise!! Thanks so much for looking and check out my upcoming classes and events and until next time~ TTFN
STAMP SET: Holiday Blitz

Comments

  1. Erin,
    I love your card. I have been wanting to do the quilting technique on the Top Note. So smart how you used the vellum. Too cool!
    Genny

We Love to Hear From You

*

&