HSS Color Splash Challenge 5 & MORE!!

GOOD MORNING STAMPERS!!
So sorry for the delay in getting things up today…it’s been a few of the craziest days here in my home but I am thankful for each and every one of them! So onto our project for today, this one I admit was a serious challenge for me. Check out all the details over at Hand Stamped Sentiments, and check out the FREE GOODIES that they are giving away too!!!
Today the challenge uses some colors that I had to think hard in order to make this card. I had the design in my head and knew that I wanted to do something with sewing with Taffeta ribbon but it was definitely a challenge for me. :)

I started out with using Glorious Green as the card base, then layered it with a 4″x5.25″ piece of Old Olive card stock. I added some texture to the card by scoring/dry embossing the stripped pattern to the card stock before layering it to the card base.

I then took a 2.25″x2.25″ piece of Brilliant Blue card stock and used that as a mat for the center piece of Bashful Blue card stock. I used my Cutter Kit to rough up the edges of my center piece to add even a bit more of texture to the card.

I made this flower the first time at a Stampin’ Up! Regional event here in San Antonio almost 2 years ago, and we made these flowers with Taffeta Ribbon and I thought it was so simple and beautiful. I used the Crop-A-Dile to create the holes I needed for the ribbon to run through. I will show you in a bit more detail how I made the template for the design in a minute.

Here you can see that I added a dimensional to the 3/4″ circle punch of Kiwi Kiss card stock that is mounted to the back of the Bashful Blue flower button from the Sherbet Designer Button Pack. This gives some height to the center of the flower so that it all POPs a little more than normal.

Here you can see how I made the template for my flower design. I used the eyelet template that comes in the Mat Pack to make my design. I used the circles that made a diamond shape first, then rotated the template and ran the dotted lines over the center of the circles I had traced onto the card stock and then repeated the diamond shape again to give me a evenly circular look to my flower. I traced out the center circle and then skipped one (moving outward) and then traced the third circle moving outward from the inside of the flower.

I used my Not Quite Navy Stampin’ Write Marker to color my White Taffeta Ribbon for my flower. Give it a few minutes to dry and then feed the ribbon through your holes of the template you create. You do have to fidget with the ribbon a bit each time to get the ribbon to lay properly for the “petal look”.

I hope you enjoyed this weeks challenge project. I would love to see you give it a try as well, head over to Hand Stamped Sentiments and submit your project this week. Have fun and thanks so much for stopping by, and until next time~ TTFN

We Love to Hear From You

*

&